Steampunk Weekend - September
3rd and 4th September - 11am til 4pm
We are pleased to announce that the September Open Weekend will include a Steampunk Weekend. For those unfamiliar with this very entertaining cultural experience the following paragraphs and photographs will provide a degree of enlightenment!
The Steampunk Weekend will see us adding quirky retail therapy from specialist traders selling steampunk themed accessories, accoutrements, clothing, ornaments etc and a variety of live entertainments.
We will be there on both the Saturday and Sunday, although the performers may vary between the days – Ravens Morris Side can only be with us on the Saturday, for example.
Performers should (subject to usual caveats, still a lot of covid around) include
- The Time Travelling Tea Tent – A Living Art Installation devoted to the proper art of drinking tea (and gin)
- a lot of very silly games such as Hamster Racing and Fox Tossing (toys, not real animals)
- Albearto The Dancing Bear – again, not a real animal, but very popular for hugs and selfies.
- Ravens Morris Side – Saturday only.
- Yet to be finally confirmed – tricky as so many people involved – a Brass Band.
We will very probably run a daily “Best Costume” competition, this was very popular at Ryhope.
Open at 11am, last admission 4pm.
This is a dog friendly site so well behaved dogs, and their owners, are more than welcome!
Under 16s: Free, when accompanied by an adult
Cash and card payments accepted
Alternatively, join us as a Volunteer, for an annual fee of £10, and enjoy free entry to all the open days during 2021.
In addition, TCPS is open every Wednesday for maintenance and, although the engines will not normally be working, we are happy to provide a site tour for a small group of people, for a small donation. If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please contact our Chairman, Dave Smart, on 07702 403142 in order to schedule your visit.